Waiting patiently for orders, to get things done.
No order, means more freedom so more facebook browsing after all !
Wrong, from the time you have signed your contract, you are selling your time.
You can browse facebook, but :
- you can't get up in the morning at 10am because you want to.
- You can't tell how much you hate your boss when you want to, because thanks of him you pay the bills.
- You can't work from home, or in front of a cup of coffee at Starbuck,
- You can't choose with the people you want to work with,
- You can't choose what you want to learn during work's hour,
- You can't appreciate how you can have better relation with people, when your mouth is not shut by fear
So stop browsing during work's hour, your time is precious, and become indispensable.
Take initiatives when you don't have anything to do.
Ask forgiveness if things go wrong, it's faster and easier than asking permission.
Becoming indispensable is not a gift for your boss, it's a gift for yourself, a gift with time/money/flexibility/freedom packed in.